BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JuliaM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Could someone tell me what kinds of algorithms are used with the SAS Content Categorization? I do not want to see the exact formula, just the names of the types of algorithms used such as K-nearest neighbor, decision trees, naive Bayes, greedy search, etc. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
mdwallis
SAS Employee

Hi JuliaM,

There are a variety of algorithms that have been used in SAS Content Categorization, many of which are proprietary implementations.  In general, SAS Content Categorization uses algorithms from finite state automata (FSA) while others are based on graph theory leveraging various searching approaches (e.g., depth first search).  Other more widely known algorithms include using frequent phrase extraction and maximum entropy classification.

Do you have any specific parts of SAS Content Categorization that you are interested in knowing more about with respect to algorithms in use?  I can help in this sense by narrowing in to a smaller scope.

Thank you!

Michael Wallis

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation