BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gwcanalytics
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am hoping that someone out there has already solved this and can share some handy code.

I have two separate datasets that contain client information listing Name, Address, City, State and Zip code.  data1 is supplied by an external vendor while data2 is our internal records so they are not entered exactly the same way.  I need some ideas on best way to use SAS to process both files and find matches for same customer between the two files even if the name or address information is not entered as identical between the 2 files.  I use base SAS v9.4 in Windows environment.

Thanks, in advance, for any insight!

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

There isn't an exact way, but you look at some fuzzy matching options. Some functions to look into are:

COMPGED

COMPLEV

SOUNDS LIKE

SOUNDEX

SPEDIS

There's a post I like on here that goes through several iterations to find a match, by FriedEgg.

gwcanalytics
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Reeza,

Thank you very much for sharing the post from FriedEgg.  It was exactly what I needed!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation