BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ashley
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I got an error as "The task "Task" could not be loaded because it is not registered with SAS Enterprise Guide" when I was trying to import a file.

Can anyone help what is it? or any other way to import a file.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Please, need some more information:

• EG version
  • Local or remote SAS server (version)
  • What kind of file are you trying to import
  • Full error message (in a dialog box?)
Data never sleeps
Ashley
Calcite | Level 5

Hi LinusH

It is EG version and remote SAS server. I have tried both file type of xlsx and csv, got the same error message.

The following figure is the error message.

Thanks.

jaredp
Quartz | Level 8

The first thing I do with strange error messages in EG or EM is to check my SAS license.  If your SAS license has expired, it will result in weird errors.  Follow these instructions to check your license expiration: http://support.sas.com/kb/24/283.html

I don't really use EG, but my three guesses as to what is going on would be:

- Have you recently upgraded EG?  Perhaps you are trying to run a project from a previous version of EG...

- The "Task" is a Custom Task which is no longer registered with EG.  You can learn more about custom tasks here and you may need to re-register it: http://www.sas.com/reg/web/corp/2246736

- You may need to install some hotfixes for your version of EG.  Check which version you are running by going to the HELP menu in EG and selecting ABOUT

Ashley
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Jaredp

I will check the SAS license.

pliddi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ashley - I've just installed the product and too have this problem.  My installation is for the first time, not an upgrade, and checking the licenses as advised did not reveal anything.

Did you find a resolution?

jaredp
Quartz | Level 8

It suddenly hit me what the problem could be.  What is this "task" that you are trying to run?  Is it a custom add-in?  You may need to register the custom task / add-in with EG.

The other option is that you are opening up a project made from an older version of EG and maybe it converted the project funny. 

Alll
Calcite | Level 5

I also have this same problem. I am a new user and find this program an exorbitant time waster since it never functions properly. I'm required to use it for a class. Any help would be appreciated.

mfab
Quartz | Level 8

Hey Guys,

while I have not fully understood the steps you take in order to import the file (do you click "file - open" or do you click "tasks - data - upload" or even sth. else?), you might try this:

46230 - The Tasks menu in SAS® Enterprise Guide® does not show all available tasks

"Using the /register option, execute the regtasks.exe that is in the SAS Enterprise Guide installation path above. Here is an example of the command.

C:\Program Files\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\4.3\regtasks.exe /register"

Hope this helps. Let us know, how you proceed Smiley Happy

Cheers, Michael

jaredp
Quartz | Level 8

When I had this error, it had to do with my license.  My license for SAS had expired.  I was still able to load EG, but nothing in it would work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation