BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JuliaM
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a question about trying to use numbers within a Concept rules profile. I need out whether Dates of birth are included within documents. To only include dates that are "dates of birth," I wrote a TGIF rule that stipulated that a number from 1 to 31 had to be within 10 words of the term "date of birth" or its equivalents (e.g. DOB). An example is below:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","1")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","2")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","3")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","4")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","5")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","6")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","7")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","8")}:Date of birth:

Date of birth:,__TGIF:{(DIST_10,"Date of birth:","9")}:Date of birth:

The rules in SAS Content Cat includes the same rules as above, but for numbers "01" through "31."

From what I have read in the manual, this should give me any date of birth that is labeled as such within 10 words of a date that includes a calendar day (e.g. "February 9, 2014"). However, I cannot get the output to recognize the two together.  Project settings are as follows:

Tokenize Classifier Terms is checked

Optimize for: "Compile Speed"

Overlapping Concept Matches: "Longest"

Default Relevancy Cutoff: ---

Default Classifier Matching: "Case Insensitive"

Relevancy Type: "Frequency-Based"

It could be that I am missing something from the TGIF rule as the following rules also failed to find the example text given below the rules.

Rules:

Curriculum vitae1,__TGIF:{(DIST_100,"Curriculum Vitae","Education")}:Curriculum vitae

Curriculum vitae2,__TGIF:{(DIST_100,"Curriculum Vitae","Employment")}:Curriculum vitae

Curriculum vitae3,__TGIF:{(DIST_100,"Curriculum Vitae","Experience")}:Curriculum vitae

Sample Text:

1515 Stanley Drive #62
Hometown, KS 66222

perry.jameson@dbplanet.com

Curriculum Vitae

Outstanding student with experience in print and online journalism seeks a position working with a communications, public relations, or publishing firm where I can use my writing, editing, and organizational skills.

EDUCATION

The University of Missouri at Kansas City   2008-2012

B.A. Communication Studies with a concentration in Corporate Communications with a minor in Sociology

Any suggestions would be most welcome as I have tried everything that I can think of to get the concept profile to output accurately.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation