BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MaggieM
SAS Employee

Are you a fan of the television series Game of Thrones or text mining? If your answer is yes and yes – then this presentation is perfect for you. 

I recently attended the Student Symposium at the 2015 SCSUG Educational Forum at Louisiana State University where Brad Gross and Srividhya Naraharirao presented on their text analysis of the George RR Marin book series, “A Song of Ice and Fire” (that’s the book that led to the hit HBO series Game of Thrones).

You can view their full presentation here. But I must warn you – it may contain spoilers.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This is awesome.  My favorite is this "interpretable" model result:

got.png

#GoT fans might also like digging into the background of the famous and now ubiquitous theme song, which the composer relates in detail during this Song Exploder podcast.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation