BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
borjana
Fluorite | Level 6

hello, 

once i managed to put my shared folder in tha sas studio program. Somehow i lost tha data and try to put it back, the problem is that it appears in my sas studio only as a shortcut ( i am using the settings/ shered folders in the virtual box window). How can i use my shared folders in sas ( i want them to appear as a permanent folder at the left side of my sas studio window), so that when writing data set it  doesn't always appear that there is a problem with tha path and the table that i want to use does not  exist?

10x in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

It sounds like you have a custom library that you'd like as a permanent library.

To do this you can modify the autoexec file. It's under one of the menu's on the top right side of the screen. Basically add the libname statement there and it will run everytime you open SAS.  Also, you can get the path for the folder by right clicking the shortcut and examining the properties.

libname mylib '/folders/myfolders/';

borjana
Fluorite | Level 6

hi,

thanks for the answer, but this is not working for me, may be because i dind't state my question clearly.

I will try again with a simple example.

I want to use the the downloaded Ron Cody's folder. I already have it in my PC/ Local disc c/... 

How can i move it, place it and see it at the right side of the free SAS University edition program ( downloaded version using Virtual box) in the field My Folders?

BR

borjana

Reeza
Super User
Follow instructions to set up shared drive...

1. Move folder to under /folders/myfolders/ ie
/folders/myfolders/ron_cody
2. Write lib to folder
libname ron '/folders/myfolders/ron_cody';

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/main.htm

http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/data_access_import.htm
borjana
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks again,

i have already tried these methods, nothing is working.

I founfd another way to do what i want.

First i craete a new folder in SAS University edition, then i use left button- Upload and add the file that i need to use.

That is how i have it as a permanenet file in my folders.

The only problem is that i can upload only a file not a whole folder.

If you can tell me how can i add a whole folder? (They are alredy shared, but do not appear in sas university edition)

Best Regards,

borjana

Reeza
Super User
Are you files txt or SAS files? If they're text files you need to import the data and then store them in a library. I thought the book had a script that imported all the prep data.
borjana
Fluorite | Level 6

yes, the files that i want to import are txt and csv.

i have downloaded them ( from sas Cody page) unzipped them saved them in a shered folder and somehow before some time i have managed to transfer the whole folder in sas program, but once i lost them, now i can't stop wondering how did it first happen to open a folder with txt and csv files in sas program?

Reeza
Super User
CSV/TXT are not native files to SAS. To bring them into SAS permanently you can import them all, create SAS datasets out of the files, SAS7BDAT, and store those in a permanent library. For example, take a look at the free SAS programming course and see how the data set up program runs. You're looking for the same thing.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation