Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

sas standard studio : save a files , allocation a library, import and export

Super Contributor

sas standard studio : save a files , allocation a library, import and export

Hello,

Please, I need to know these functions under sas standrad studio ( Free version)

=> save a sas files

=> allocation a librairies

=> import and export a files

Thank you

Grand Advisor

Re: sas standard studio : save a files , allocation a library, import and export

Can you please be more specific?
Also, have you seen the SAS University Edition Help Center: http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/main.htm

Super Contributor

Re: sas standard studio : save a files , allocation a library, import and export

Thank you for your answer.

==> I want to  save a sas files (.sas)

==> I want to allocate a sas  library , like this libname lb  " E:/test/project1";

==> I want import .xls file into sas and export

I use sas free version : sas studio via virtualbox and the link : http://localhost:10080

Grand Advisor

Save your files by either copy and pasting to a text file, I recommend this one because the browser refreshes unexpectedly. Or File>Save

The key for #2/3 is to set up the shared drive, moved the files to the myfolders folder and to reference it as '/folders/myfolders/'

To allocate a library you first need to set up a shared drive to that location. Generally you need to set up a folder called myfolders under C:\SAS-University-Edition\myfolders as specified in the instructions. You can set up your folders under here and then reference them as:

libname mylib '/folders/myfolders/project1';

To import files place them in the myfolders folder and then you can use proc import or a data step as in Base SAS, again using the '/folders/myfolders/excel_file.xlsx' path to the file.

Detailed instructions for everything above is in the first link I referenced.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation