BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
albertsamaniego
Fluorite | Level 6

Disclaimer: I already read some similar questions about this error before posting this but I can't seem to find similar to our error.

We are running on SAS Studio 3.6 (Enterprise Edition) and we're also having the error:

User <user ID> has insufficient permissions to create /‌home/‌<user ID>/‌.images.

We noticed that this error occurs after 3 runs on every session. Meaning, we could have at least 2 runs without having this error but on our 3rd run, this shows up. We could either sign out or just close the browser tab and open a new tab and sign-in and we could run any code again for at least two times.

These runs could either be a a one line of code or a hundred lines of code. Even a simple code as below would have this error:

%let x=1; 
%let y=2;
%let z=3;

We also noticed that this error usually occurs every morning but right after around 12nn - 1pm, this error is gone. We already asked our administrator if they are running some maintenance task every morning but told us that they aren't. They also told us that this could be a firewall issue on our end but we're not sure which Firewall setting would cause this error.

Our setup is usually, we work remotely from the office so we use Cisco Anyconnect to connect to our office network. 

So has anyone also experience this error? Or anyone have any idea how this could be fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@albertsamaniego ,

How about disk space in /home directory? How much space is in use?

albertsamaniego
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm not sure if we have access rights to check the disk space of the server but even if we run codes that doesn't took up disk space (e.g. %let x = 1; or %put &x.;), we still have that error. And we can always run any kind of code two times after opening a new browser tab. It's always the third run where we encounter that error. And that error only occurs every morning and the SAS Studio Admin told us that no maintenance/refresh activity is scheduled during those times and it could be on our firewall connection although we can't find any settings on our firewall that could cause that problem. 

alexal
SAS Employee

@albertsamaniego ,

I suggest you open a track with SAS Technical Support to investigate this problem further.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation