Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

changing formats in existing table in DI but not occurring the change in EG table

New Contributor

changing formats in existing table in DI but not occurring the change in EG table

Hi all

I am loading a table using SAS DI. Certainly i have to make some changes in formats for some of the variables. I have made changes in the properties of target and it got updated in DI But when I checked the same in SAS EG changes is not occours there. certainly I used the proc dataset procedure and modified the table in EG. But I am not sure why it is not changing IN EG if I made any change in SAS DI? Do we need to redeploy the job then it occors there?

Please help me on this.

Respected Advisor

Re: changing formats in existing table in DI but not occurring the change in EG table

The right forum for DIS questions would be "SAS Data Management".

To answer your question:

The changes you apply in DIS are on SAS Metadata level. What you look at in SAS EG is most likely on physical table level (except the library got assigne via META engine).

I assume your DIS job only creates the table if it doesn't exist. In such a case just changing the column on Metadata level in the DIS job won't change the underlying physical table. Easiest is: Delete the physical table, then re-run your DIS job and things should work just fine.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation