BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
leela214
Calcite | Level 5

Everything was working fine up till yesterday. The variable names on top are not in their correct position with their own data column. If I scrolled the bar on the bottom to the right, I will see more columns but the variable names on top does not move. Before yesterday, each variable names has its own column. I will appreciate any suggestion to help solving this issue! I'm using SAS Studio, SAS version or release date is 9.04

(The second image I scrolled the bar to the middle)

Capture4.PNGCapture5.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks like something has gone wrong. It might help to restart browser and/or SAS Studio session.  You might even need to clear browser cache?

Perhaps your browser has been updated?

Do you have another browser you can try? IE, Firefox, Chrome?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Would it be safe to assume this is a data import from a text or file, but not a database?

Can you confirm the raw data is as should be expected? 

Something has to change for things to break...so what changed? Input file? code? data?

leela214
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Reeza,

The data is imported from a csv file. But I used the same codes that I used
before for a different csv file, and it worked fine before yesterday.

Both time, I imported the csv file into SAS studio with eh same code. The
only difference is it's two different csv files.
The first csv file that I have to do work on works fine, no problem, but
this occur before yesterday.
The second csv file that I work on yesterday ran into this problem. The
problem persists till today.

ballardw
Super User

@leela214 wrote:
Hi Reeza,

The data is imported from a csv file. But I used the same codes that I used
before for a different csv file, and it worked fine before yesterday.

Both time, I imported the csv file into SAS studio with eh same code. The
only difference is it's two different csv files.
The first csv file that I have to do work on works fine, no problem, but
this occur before yesterday.
The second csv file that I work on yesterday ran into this problem. The
problem persists till today.

By "import" do you mean use of Proc Import? Are the two files supposed to be of the same structure? If yes to both of these then Proc Import is not an optimal solution as each time the Proc runs it makes a different set of guesses as to the type and lengths of variables.

Reading multiple CSV files it is much more consistent to read them with a data step. One call to Proc Import will generate a skeleton data step in the log you can copy to the editor, save and modify. Then change the names of the input file and the output data set. Then each set will have the same variables and characteristics for each variable.

You can also verify that the lengths are long enough and the types are as expected as well as assign labels a do other initial processing such as data checks, creating additional variables and even selecting records according to rules.

leela214
Calcite | Level 5

clear the browser cache worked! But, thank you for looking into this for me!

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks like something has gone wrong. It might help to restart browser and/or SAS Studio session.  You might even need to clear browser cache?

Perhaps your browser has been updated?

Do you have another browser you can try? IE, Firefox, Chrome?

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Someone at my company had the same issue and clearing the cache made it go away.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation