Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

Using Process Flows Between Enterprise Guide and Studio

New Contributor

Using Process Flows Between Enterprise Guide and Studio

To what extent are process flows portable between Studio and Enterprise Guide?  I am learning to move around in Studio (which is great, by the way) and would like to move between Studio and EG.  I don't recognize the file extension that Studio creates when saving a process flow however it clearly isn't the same as the ".egp" extension that EG produces when saving a project with process flows.  If it is possible to move between them, which version of EG is required to do this?

Thanks!

Jeff

SAS Employee

Re: Using Process Flows Between Enterprise Guide and Studio

It's not possible to move between them yet, but we have a lot of integration points between SAS Studio & SAS Enterprise Guide planned.  The first one is for Enterprise Guide (and SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office) to be able to consume SAS Studio tasks - this starts with EG 7.1 and you can see some screen shots in the middle of http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/SAS1804-2015.pdf .  We're also working on being able to bring EG projects into Studio.  If you have other ideas for integration points, let us know.

New Contributor

Re: Using Process Flows Between Enterprise Guide and Studio

Thanks Amy!  I'll check out the example you referenced and be sure to chime back in if I can think of some useful integration points.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation