Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

Unable to install updates and unable to access to localhost:10080 server temporarily unavailable

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to install updates and unable to access to localhost:10080 server temporarily unavailable

I am using SAS University Edition. I manage to download the updates but the updates failed to install.

When I tries to start SAS studio without installing the updates, an error message appears "... temporarily unable connect to localhost:10080."

The VM is running and the black and white screen is not closed while the system is installing the updates.

Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-05-2016 03:07 AM
Grand Advisor

Re: Unable to install updates and unable to access to localhost:10080 server temporarily unavailable

Please look in the Learn SAS community in SAS Analytics U for lots of messages related to this.

The likely you may need to re-download the file and restart the installation from scratch.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎06-05-2016 03:07 AM
Grand Advisor

Re: Unable to install updates and unable to access to localhost:10080 server temporarily unavailable

Please look in the Learn SAS community in SAS Analytics U for lots of messages related to this.

The likely you may need to re-download the file and restart the installation from scratch.

Occasional Contributor

I re-download the OVA file and re-install without making any changes i.e. accept the default settings.

I clear my internet browser cache. The issue may lies with my chrome browser. I download the latest chrome browser.

After re-installing the OVA file using VM and creating the shared folder, the SAS updates are installed properly and can start using SAS Studio after the updates are installed.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation