BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
NewbieToSAS
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using SAS OnDemand for Academics to run my SAS code. Recently, for my school project, I was given a .sas7bdat file to work on. I downloaded it from google classroom, and then uploaded it to my home directory. However, each time I open it, sas studio goes into an infinite loading sign saying: "Opening a table".  I managed to stop the process by reloading SAS studio, however, the problem is that I need that data set to continue my project, and each and every time I try to run code that involves accessing this file, an infinite "Running Code" sign shows up. Why is SAS not able to open and use my sas7bdat file, and what should I do to resolve this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

stop the process.

Check the log after running ONLY the line

libname earth "/home/userid/sasuser.v94";

see if the library is successfully created.

Assuming that the library is succesful

try running

Proc contents data=earth.earthdayfinal;

run;

If that doesn't have a problem try

data earth.earthfinal;
	set earth.earthdayfinal;
	cleanStr = translate("Moonbeam Café","e","é");
	if donamt = 375 then Sponsor = cleanStr;
        drop cleanStr; 
run;

I am wondering you may have accidently done something to your Work library which is where your output would currently go.

You might try expanding you LIBRARIES tab immediately after running the LIBNAME statement and nothing else. If you are either not creating the library or having an issue with that you could be getting odd behavior.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

1) show the code used

2) is someone provided the file there could be an issue with operating system file format differences.

NewbieToSAS
Fluorite | Level 6

data earthfinal;
	set earth.earthdayfinal;
        drop cleanStr; 
run;

proc print data = earthfinal;
run;

Sorry for that, here is my code. If I run the libname statement only, then it runs properly, and the library is created. But as soon as I do the data step, it goes into an infinite run loop, like:

Capture.PNG

Its been like that for like 2 hours now, please help :'(

ballardw
Super User

stop the process.

Check the log after running ONLY the line

see if the library is successfully created.

Assuming that the library is succesful

try running

Proc contents data=earth.earthdayfinal;

run;

If that doesn't have a problem try

data earth.earthfinal;
	set earth.earthdayfinal;
        drop cleanStr; 
run;

I am wondering you may have accidently done something to your Work library which is where your output would currently go.

You might try expanding you LIBRARIES tab immediately after running the LIBNAME statement and nothing else. If you are either not creating the library or having an issue with that you could be getting odd behavior.

NewbieToSAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you! It worked for me 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation