BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sw4
Calcite | Level 5 sw4
Calcite | Level 5

I've just downloaded SAS studio, university edition.  One large problem that I'm having is with the curser is SAS studio, for two main reasons.  Firstly it is constantly highlighting portions of text when I have not asked it to (by which I mean I haven't clicked and dragged over a piece of text or done anything that would lead to text being highlighted in any other program I've ever used).  This makes it very difficult to use, as for example, if I click somewhere to insert a piece of code SAS studio will have highlighted all text between where I clicked and wehre the curser last was.  Thus when I start typing it deletes everything.

The other problem is that when I click the curser button half the time it simply doesn't do anything.  I often have to hover the curser over where I want to click and wait a second before actually clicking, else when I click nothing will actually happen.

This is making SAS studio very unuser firendly for me to use.  Is there a setting I can change somewhere so that it will just behave "normally", as most other program do?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

What web browser are you using? Chrome and Safari are okay, though Safari is a battery killer right now. 

Edge and Internet Explorer are not supported, or at least they don't work properly in it. 

I just tested this in IE and Chrome and had no issues, so it has something to do with your set up somehow 😞

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sw4
Calcite | Level 5 sw4
Calcite | Level 5

Just to be clear I'm having this problem when writing code in SAS programs.

Another issue I'm having here is when I double click on a word it doesn't highlight that word.  It simply does nothing.  This isn't as bigger issue as the other two issues, as this issue is more of a not having a shortcut, as opposed to the other two issues which are activily making things more difficult.  But it's an example of SAS studio not behaving "normally" (ie differently to other programs), which I find rather confusing because I'm used to double clicking on a word leading to that word being highlighted.

Reeza
Super User

What web browser are you using? Chrome and Safari are okay, though Safari is a battery killer right now. 

Edge and Internet Explorer are not supported, or at least they don't work properly in it. 

I just tested this in IE and Chrome and had no issues, so it has something to do with your set up somehow 😞

sw4
Calcite | Level 5 sw4
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using Chrome.  I've just tried using it in Explorer though, and I'm not having any of these problems in IE!

So I'll just use internet explorer for now I think.  I tried safari, but it doesn't seem to work at all in there.

Thanks for your (very quick) help!

BFlynn
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having the same problem, and I'm using Chrome v 56. I'd rather not switch to IE - any idea on what setting may be causing this problem? I am using a Thinkpad Yoga 14, and I find that if I carefully double click when I move the cursor, it will stop the crazy highlighting everytime I move the cursor. But it's still very easy to accidentally delete large blocks of text, which I then need to undo. 

AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

The v55 of Chrome released in December caused issues in Studio which have been fixed.  See this community post for info and links to how to get the hot fixed version.   Let us know if that doesn't fix what you're seeing.

BFlynn
Calcite | Level 5

The update to SAS Studio fixed it. For a while I had trouble applying the update - for some reason it wouldn't work until I ran it in a Chrome incognito window. Thanks for getting back to me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation