BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FabriceP
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello

With SAS Studio you have the ability to create flow through Visual Programming perspective.

Is there a way to schedule the run of a flow?

I use SAS Studio 3.5 Enterprise.

Regards

Fabrice 

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If your SAS workspace server resides on a remote host, I'd rather save the flow to one SAS program file (.sas) and have that executed in batch mode on the server, using your organization's preferred scheduler.

FabriceP
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks!

How can you save your .CPF file (SAS Studio Flow) to SAS program?

Except going in each boxes of your flow and do copy/paste or do some include of all programs located in the flow in order to build a big SAS program.

Not sure that flows you can create  with visual programming are ready to be batch or schedule easily, but maybe I missed something

Regards

Fabrice

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I can't speak for SAS Studio, as I haven't yet used it, but Enterprise Guide provides a menu choice to export a whole process flow as SAS code.

So I suspect SAS Studio should have a similar option.

The reason why I suggested this is that to run a Studio project flow, you need the Studio engine to interpret it. With SAS code in a .sas file, you just need SAS Foundation. Aside from the fact that a .sas file is simple text and can be viewed/manipulated with any text editor.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation