Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

Schedule SAS Studio flows

New Contributor

Schedule SAS Studio flows

Hello

With SAS Studio you have the ability to create flow through Visual Programming perspective.

Is there a way to schedule the run of a flow?

I use SAS Studio 3.5 Enterprise.

Regards

Fabrice 

Super User

Re: Schedule SAS Studio flows

If your SAS workspace server resides on a remote host, I'd rather save the flow to one SAS program file (.sas) and have that executed in batch mode on the server, using your organization's preferred scheduler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
New Contributor

Thanks!

How can you save your .CPF file (SAS Studio Flow) to SAS program?

Except going in each boxes of your flow and do copy/paste or do some include of all programs located in the flow in order to build a big SAS program.

Not sure that flows you can create  with visual programming are ready to be batch or schedule easily, but maybe I missed something

Regards

Fabrice

Super User

I can't speak for SAS Studio, as I haven't yet used it, but Enterprise Guide provides a menu choice to export a whole process flow as SAS code.

So I suspect SAS Studio should have a similar option.

The reason why I suggested this is that to run a Studio project flow, you need the Studio engine to interpret it. With SAS code in a .sas file, you just need SAS Foundation. Aside from the fact that a .sas file is simple text and can be viewed/manipulated with any text editor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation