Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

SAS University Edition stopped working in Safari

Occasional Contributor

SAS University Edition stopped working in Safari

Hi:

I have been working on SAS University Edition for a year without any issue. Recently it has stopped working in Safari without any error message. It just don't show anyting! Please suggest a solution. Following are the technical details:

SAS University Edition: Most recent one (I re-installed everything. Still no hope!)

VirtualBox: Oracle VM 5.0.16

Safari: Version 9.1

Thank you,

Mamun

Grand Advisor

Re: SAS University Edition stopped working in Safari

Can you post screen shots of VM running and your browser address and screen when trying to access. I had a similar problem and shut down VM and restarted and it worked. Note that restarting oraclebox isnt the same thing.
Occasional Contributor

Here is a screen shot. Can you please guide me to shut down VM?

Thank you so much,

Mamun

Attachment
Grand Advisor

Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in VirtualBox, I use VMWare and it works 

Contributor

Hi Mamun,

I use Windows and Chrome to run University Edition so my environment may not match your's.

The black box in your screen shot looks incomplete and I think shows a problem executing the VM.

When I right-click the blue box with the red hat, I get several choices including 'close'.  Selecting that I get further choices including 'power off' or cntl-F.  See if you have those choices and can shut down.

Good luck,

Paul

Occasional Contributor

I tried to use Chrome brower and get the following error message:

The application could not log on to the server "localhost:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine. Connection refused
Close

I know VMware is better than Oracle VirtualBox, but VMware cost money!
Please help.

Contributor

Hi,

I got the 8591 port a couple of times.  When I shut everything down and re-started UE it worked normally.

Paul

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation