BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DiegoBlancas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I am just using SAS Studio of SAS UE, I constantly have this error:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
4 OPTIONS LOCALE=es_419 DFLANG=LOCALE;
______
ERROR 14-12: Invalid option value ES_419 for SAS option LOCALE.

I guess it's a configuration that I have to modify, but I don't know where ...

The installed version is this:

unvbasicvapp__9411015__ova__en__sp0__1.ova

Versión: 3.8 (Edición Basic)

I use the Spanish language

Thank you !!!

Error LOCALE.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DiegoBlancas
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks ehbales,

After adding the Spanish language Latin America, Spanish and English to the browser, restart the SAS University Edition virtual machine and the error stopped showing.

Regards!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ehbales
SAS Employee

The SAS language does not support es_419 as a valid locale name. You can use simple Spanish, as in locale=es, or specify a locale with language and region, such as es_MX for Spanish in Mexico. The list of supported locales for 9.4 and Viya 3 is located here:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.4&docsetId=nlsref&docsetTarget=p0...

DiegoBlancas
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you.

I understand what you're saying to me. What I don't know is where to make this change, and how. Well, in SAS Studio (SAS UE) it doesn't show it in the preferences. It seems to me that this setting is by default and I would like to modify it so as not to see that error all the time.

thanks again

ehbales
SAS Employee

Hi,

I think a little more information would help me to answer your questions. What browser are you using for your SAS Studio session? How is the language/locale set there?

Also, what operating system is SAS UE installed on? And how is the locale set for the OS? (If necessary, I can help you find that.)

I think that information would help.

DiegoBlancas
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you.

This is my situation. Download SAS University Edition, my SAS profile has the preference of Spanish language, so the download link that came to my email was for unvbasicvapp__9411015__ova__en__sp0__1.ova.  Import this version into VirtualBox.

The browser I use is Google Chrome is updated
Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64 bits).

My local computer has windows 10 pro, but I don't think this is the problem, because SAS UE is in the virtual machine (linux red hat)

Any code that I execute in SAS throws that error at me, because it must be a default configuration. I understand that in a local installation I could edit a file and that's it, but in this GUI I don't know how to edit the LOCALE configuration to avoid that error in the LOG.

Attach the SAS Studio preferences image. In another image I show that when starting SAS Studio a parameter is sent in the address bar of the web browser (in red)

http://localhost:10080/SASStudio/38/main?locale=es_419&zone=GMT-05%253A00&http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A1...

Thank you very much for your follow up.

barra_navegador.pngPreferencias.png

ehbales
SAS Employee

I set my Chrome language to Spanish  (Latin America) to see what impact that has. The locale setting is specified in the URL as "?locale=es_419&". The es_419 locale name is passed to the SAS session. However, as I expected, the Chrome language value is resolved to a valid SAS LOCALE setting. 

I have not installed SAS UE so I'm not familiar with the configuration is possible there. 

DiegoBlancas
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks ehbales,

After adding the Spanish language Latin America, Spanish and English to the browser, restart the SAS University Edition virtual machine and the error stopped showing.

Regards!

pedroivanfc
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for that solution, in my case it didn't work to add Latinamerica as a language in chrome, but it worked to move "español" as the first language:

pedroivanfc_0-1588362593873.png

I had "Español Mexico" at the top and just moving "español" at the top it worked well. now I have locale=es and everything is working well

Fztesla
Fluorite | Level 6

En Microsoft Edge está configuración funciono:

español (México)

Microsoft Edge se muestra en este idioma

español (Latinoamérica)

inglés (Estados Unidos)

Fztesla_0-1596936050223.png

PEDROLEX
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

I have a question 

How can I  restart the SAS University Edition virtual machine ?
I have the same problem with the language and sadly I don't know how to fix it 

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@PEDROLEX wrote:

Hi 

I have a question 

How can I  restart the SAS University Edition virtual machine ?
I have the same problem with the language and sadly I don't know how to fix it 

Has nothing in common with the topic discussed and solved. So please start the another topic. Also note that the local installation has been discontinued afaik.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

At least for Firefox addons exist that allow changing the locale. Maybe something similar exists for Chrome and you can use such an addon to switch the locale of the browser session to something SAS UE can handle.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 6 in conversation