BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
aborchers7459
Calcite | Level 5

I instaleld SAS Studio today running under Virtual Box on my MAC.  I configured the shared folder as instructed.  When I enter a simple SAS program I can run it successfully (according to messages from the data and PROC steps).  However, I get a message "An unknown error occurred while processing your request. Contact your system administrator to resolve. You may need to reset your SAS session to continue working.".  The Results tab has no results.

Can anyone suggest what's up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aborchers7459
Calcite | Level 5

Fixed my own problem.

The old sample program I had included an ENDSAS; statement.  I removed the statement - and all was well.

Odd situation to me.

Regards - Andy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

This issue have been posted on the community different times.

The general advice is to make sure you downloaded the latest version on SAS website as many bugs are being fixed regularly. Before if you like to do update first and see if your issue is fixed.

After or before that you better report to support@sas.com your issue and they will guide you.

aborchers7459
Calcite | Level 5

Fixed my own problem.

The old sample program I had included an ENDSAS; statement.  I removed the statement - and all was well.

Odd situation to me.

Regards - Andy

AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

It's pretty buried in the doc, both on the University Edition FAQ (the limitations entry ) and the SAS Studio User's Guide, but here's the blurb:

--

Because you are working in a server environment, do not include the ENDSAS statement in your SAS programs. If you run a program that contains ENDSAS, you need to reset your SAS session.

--

Even though University Edition seems to be running locally, you're really talking to a SAS server in the vApp.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation