BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
broy1000
Calcite | Level 5

I am able to successfully log into both SAS Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide using my admin account that is a member of a group having role membership Medatadata Server: Unrestricted and SAS Environment Managaer: Super Users. 

The SASUSERS group has Management Console: Content Management, SAS Studio: Report Consumer, and SAS Studio: Usage role membership.

I added my NON-admin account to a group having Enterprise Guide: Advanced, Enterprise Guide: Analysis, Enterprise Guide: OLAP, and Enterprise Guide: Programming role membership.  This account is able to connect to SAS Enterprise Guide but receives an error when attempting to log into SAS Studio - "Login Required Server: SASApp". 

From reading the SAS Studio Administrator's Guide, it sounds like anyone with a user created in User Manager in SAS Management Console is a member automatically of SASUSERS group which has membership in the necessary SAS Studo roles.

So why can't this user connect? 

SASUSERS Roles.JPGData Analysis Group Role Membership.JPGTESTING User is member of Data Analysis Group.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
broy1000
Calcite | Level 5

Turns out the missing piece of the puzzle was the necessity to grant users Log on as a batch job permission on the SAS server. It was hidden way down in the SAS Security Administration Guide.  Our admin accounts are sys admins on the server, but our non-admin accounts are not. Once we added that permission, we could log into SAS Studio just fine.

Mushtaq
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, l'm asking for some thing which has already settled. I really do not understand how and where in SMC the batch permissions for ordinary users account are granted to solve that problem? I'll appreciate a more detail.

vignesh-b
Fluorite | Level 6

It is windows settings we need to change 

https://www.smartftp.com/en-us/support/kb/2691

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Mushtaq 

If you are asking about "login as batch"  privelege, it is typically granted by  the IT teams  eg WIndows Admin / Access Control / It Security depening upon your local setup.
However if Integrated WIndows Authentication (IWA) is configured on your installation then "log in as batch" privelege is not needed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation