BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LawrenceHW
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm building a task where I want to create a where clause based on a data and variable selection (I've re-used the Filter Data supplied task). I want to create an IN clause but there seems to be no way of doing it.

I can fill a DISTINCT object with the variable values but this only allows one value to be selected. A COMBOBOX is also out of the question as this is also a single selection object.

Has anyone managed to fill a SELECT object with the variable values? I've only managed to get it to add in the variable name when I want to get the list of distinct values from that variable name.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Lawrence

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

I'm not sure that you can do this either unless @ChrisHemedinger or @OliviaWright know a way.

However you can do this already with the supplied Query Utility so you may not need a Custom task after all...

LawrenceHW
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at the Query Utility but I actually need this as part of a larger custom task. So the selection of a where clause is one part of the whole custom task. Unless there's a way of calling existing tasks from within a custom task (analogous to a macro).

Cheers,

Lawrence

Sharad_sas
SAS Employee

The feature that you are looking for in an object to construct a custom task is currently not available in SAS Studio. We will consider adding this feature in a future release. Thank you for your feedback. 

With regarding to your other question, you cannot call an existing task from a custom task. However, you can run an existing task and a custom task together using a Process Flow in SAS Studio.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation