BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Siti
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello. I am using a SAS Studio to run my code for the past few weeks with no trouble at all. However, I have been getting the error message today (as in attachment). Even when I tried to run the following codes, I keep on getting the error message. Can you advise me on this? Thank you.

data Data_1A;
input name $ height weight gender $ age;
datalines;
Fred 69 144 M 23
Jim 78 202 M 34
Mary 62 99 F 38
Susan 61 101 F 45
run;
proc print data=Data_1A;
title 'Example 1A';
run;

10 REPLIES 10
Reeza
Super User

There's a note on the SAS AoD page about potential issues logging in - and I coudn't log in.

I suspect whatever is happening is related. Unfortunately you're likely stuck waitiing until the system is up again. 

For basic work like what's shown you can use the University Edition that you download and is hosted on your comptuer. Then you're not at the mercy of someone else's system. But then you don't have access everywhere you are either, so it's a trade off. 

@Siti wrote:

Hello. I am using a SAS Studio to run my code for the past few weeks with no trouble at all. However, I have been getting the error message today (as in attachment). Even when I tried to run the following codes, I keep on getting the error message. Can you advise me on this? Thank you.

data Data_1A;
input name $ height weight gender $ age;
datalines;
Fred 69 144 M 23
Jim 78 202 M 34
Mary 62 99 F 38
Susan 61 101 F 45
run;
proc print data=Data_1A;
title 'Example 1A';
run;

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

It seems to be working fine today. I generally use SAS UE but SAS AoD has some extra Procs available (e.g. Proc Expand) so it's not a complete one-to-one replacement

Siti
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the suggestions. However, I have a problem with the SAS University Edition. I managed to download the software  but it failed to start the SAS program. I think it might be something to do with my laptop but I am not sure. OracleVM.jpg

Reeza
Super User

Don't change any settings in the VM, from your screenshot it's saying the OS is Windows 10, it should say Redhat Linux or something along those lines. 

Siti
Fluorite | Level 6

I see, but does this depend on the operating system that I used in my laptop? Mine is running with Windows 10. 

Reeza
Super User

SAS is installed onto a virtual machine that's running RedHat and you use Oracle Virtual Box to access the VM. The settings reflect the settings of the Virtual Machine, not your laptop. 

Reeza
Super User

SAS is installed onto a virtual machine that's running RedHat and you use Oracle Virtual Box to access the VM. The settings reflect the settings of the Virtual Machine, not your laptop. 

@Siti wrote:

I see, but does this depend on the operating system that I used in my laptop? Mine is running with Windows 10. 

Siti
Fluorite | Level 6

Rezza,

I tried to change the setting but I still receive the similar error message. 

OracleVM2.jpgOracleVM3.jpg

Siti
Fluorite | Level 6
Chris,

Thank you for the link. I may need to talk to my university's IT Help Desk to assist me with this. Thank you again for the help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation