Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

SAS Studio 9.4 on Unix need to reload constantly

Occasional Contributor

SAS Studio 9.4 on Unix need to reload constantly

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am running code in SAS Studio 9.4 on Unix and approximately every 30 minutes it gets stuck even submitting a simple proc print. It shows "Running.." and nothing happens. I have noticed right before getting stuck when I highlight a certain procedure it looks like there is another set of text behind it ghosting my current code. Any help is much appreciated as I am tired of reloading and resubmitting everything every 30 minutes. By the way it is not a timeout issue, mine is set to 4 hrs.

Cheers,

Regina.

Grand Advisor

Re: SAS Studio 9.4 on Unix need to reload constantly

Reg1na wrote:

Hi, I am running code in SAS Studio 9.4 on Unix and approximately every 30 minutes it gets stuck even submitting a simple proc print. It shows "Running.." and nothing happens. I have noticed right before getting stuck when I highlight a certain procedure it looks like there is another set of text behind it ghosting my current code. Any help is much appreciated as I am tired of reloading and resubmitting everything every 30 minutes. By the way it is not a timeout issue, mine is set or 4 hrs.

Cheers,

Regina.

Are you running SAS on your own servers or referring to SAS UE?

Occasional Contributor

Reeza, it is on our own servers.
Esteemed Advisor

It might be that your connection is broken by a timeout on firewalls/routers in your network path.

If you work with SAS TS, they will have you retrieve all necessary logs and determine it from there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Grand Advisor

Contact SAS Tech Support then. 

They're the best situated to help you out, especially as SAS Studio is still relatively new and not a lot of users have experience with it, especially in an Enterprise environment.

Occasional Contributor

KurtBremser, Reeza, thank you for your help. I am in contact with TS, hopefully they can help.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation