Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

SAS Studio 3.6 doesnt support EG projects

Contributor Go
Contributor

SAS Studio 3.6 doesnt support EG projects

Hi All,

We were eagerly waiting for SAS Studio 3.6 , so that our SAS Users can work with .egp files in it, but it still failes to do this, did anyone try this ? if yes is it working ? see below link

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2017/01/30/sas-studio-3-6-new-features/  

-- A SAS Admin

Valued Guide

Re: SAS Studio 3.6 doesnt support EG projects

The link you provided says (bold/italics/underline is mine):

• A new experimental feature enables opening SAS Enterprise Guide projects into SAS Studio as process flows. Since it’s experimental (not fully tested and unsupported), it is not documented, and it is disabled by default. We’re encouraging users to give it a try and provide feedback by posting your comments to the SAS Studio SAS Community.

Are you saying you enabled this feature and it failed.  Or are you asking how to enable it?

Contributor Go
Contributor

I actually enabled it with below details and restarted the web server but still cant open the .egp file, when I try to open it gets downloaded
To allow the opening of EGP files in SAS Studio, the SAS Studio Administrator can sets the webdms.allowEGPOpen property to true in the config.properties file: webdms.allowEGPOpen=true

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2DAF8.BFED4BF0]
SAS Employee

As mentioned, it's not enabled by default (except in the SAS University Edition).  The paper that details how to enable it and the full feature set is at the bottom of the SAS Studio FAQ -  Technical paper: Using SAS Studio to Open SAS Enterprise Guide Project Files .  

Contributor Go
Contributor

I actually enabled it with below details and restarted the web server but still cant open the .egp file, when I try to open it gets downloaded
To allow the opening of EGP files in SAS Studio, the SAS Studio Administrator can sets the webdms.allowEGPOpen property to true in the config.properties file: webdms.allowEGPOpen=true

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2DAF8.C7502A70]

SAS Employee

After you made the change the the config.properties, did you restart the appropriate servers based on your edition of SAS Studio?

See Setting Configuration Properties

If that doesn't resolve it, please paste the info displayed when you do ?>About SAS Studio from the upper right corner.

Contributor Go
Contributor

I restarted only Mid tier not App and Meta ...
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation