BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bhasan01
Calcite | Level 5

When using outnoeqaul options in the output dataset in proc compare procedures it takes more space to store all the not eqaul data in o/p in the case of huje dataset.

lets say I have 10 crores of data in dataset.

appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

If you do not expect a lot of "noequals" results it may be that the two data sets are not in the same order. Sometimes sorting both of the data sets results in fewer mismatched data points.

You may also want to post the exact code you are using as other options may be affecting the result.

And possibly you data  is just not a similar as you thought.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sorry, I have absolutely no clue as to what the question is.  Read the information below the post button on new questions and the box the pops up.  Show example test data in the form of a datastep, what you want to see out, and any logic in between.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@bhasan01 wrote:

When using outnoeqaul options in the output dataset in proc compare procedures it takes more space to store all the not eqaul data in o/p in the case of huje dataset.

lets say I have 10 crores of data in dataset.

appreciate your help.

Surprise!

You asked for more output, you got more output. That's it.

ballardw
Super User

If you do not expect a lot of "noequals" results it may be that the two data sets are not in the same order. Sometimes sorting both of the data sets results in fewer mismatched data points.

You may also want to post the exact code you are using as other options may be affecting the result.

And possibly you data  is just not a similar as you thought.

bhasan01
Calcite | Level 5
Hi ,

Thanks for the comments

My source data set are already sorted on ID column,

Please refer my sample code

Proc compare base=one compare =two out=three outnoeqal;
Id var1;
Run;

I need any idea that can restrict to more data in output dataset .

Note that I need to have output dataset as the o/p need to send to other party...

Thanks
Bhasan01

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation