Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

Multiple "SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders" folders in SAS University Edition?

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Multiple "SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders" folders in SAS University Edition?

[ Edited ]

I'm running SAS University Edition w/ the SAS Studio interface and the Oracle VirtualBox. In the left-hand column, it displays files and folders in the "My Folders" folder (SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders) that I created as a shared folder within the SASUniversityEdition folder, per the instructions. It works great. 

Is there a way to have multiple "My Folders" available in the left-hand column?

For example, a "My Folders" for Project A, another "My Folders" for Project B and so on. I realize I can create these as subfolders within the "My Folders" folder, but then the SAS programs and datasets may live in a different folder than all the other files and folders for Project A (i.e. Those that are NOT SAS programs and datasets). 

Also, I would like to be able to export datasets to folders that live outside the SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders folder, instead of having to copy and paste them from folder to folder.

When I try to export a dataset to a folder outside the I get an error message: 

"ERROR: The path /Users/.... is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown state."

Does this make any sense?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-05-2016 03:48 PM
Grand Advisor

Re: Multiple "SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders" folders in SAS University Edition?

You want your own library. 

Please see the FAQ instructions here:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_access_existing.htm

Although it mentions existing you can create it to new folders you create for projects.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-05-2016 03:48 PM
Grand Advisor

Re: Multiple "SASUniversityEdition/MyFolders" folders in SAS University Edition?

You want your own library. 

Please see the FAQ instructions here:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/shared_folder_access_existing.htm

Although it mentions existing you can create it to new folders you create for projects.

Grand Advisor

Create sub-directories inside the folder. For added SAS functionality assign the folders to SAS Libraries.

The limit about where output may be sent is a limit of the Virtual Machine and the fact that it is a Unix emulator running in a Windows installation. The file systems are not generally compatible, the sytax is not at all the same and is working as designed.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation