Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

Libname file gone

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Libname file gone

I succeeded created a file in “my libraries’” using libname statement, but the file disappeared after I logged off SAS studio?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-02-2016 12:04 AM
Grand Advisor

Re: Libname file gone

superbibi wrote:

Do you mean I have to run the libname statment each time I open SAS to let the file in "my libaries"? 

Yes, or you can add them to your autoexec to have them set up whenever you initialize SAS.  You can access the autoexec from the menu at the top right hand corner. 

Does it mean all the files created in "my libraries" is not permanent stored in "my libraries"? 

No, the files are still there even if the libname isn't. A libname is a pointer to a directory (or file) and the directory still exists. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

The file did not disapear.

Recreate your libname statment and save it as a program;

Run it firstly after initiating SAS. You will find the file in the library.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Shmuel. I know the file is still in "my file". But it is not in "my libraries". Do you mean I have to run the libname statment each time I open SAS to let the file in "my libaries"? Does it mean all the files created in "my libraries" is not permanent stored in "my libraries"? 

Solution
‎12-02-2016 12:04 AM
Grand Advisor

superbibi wrote:

Do you mean I have to run the libname statment each time I open SAS to let the file in "my libaries"? 

Yes, or you can add them to your autoexec to have them set up whenever you initialize SAS.  You can access the autoexec from the menu at the top right hand corner. 

Does it mean all the files created in "my libraries" is not permanent stored in "my libraries"? 

No, the files are still there even if the libname isn't. A libname is a pointer to a directory (or file) and the directory still exists. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation