BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
amychau
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello!

I'm having an issue with my code. My code is below: 

DATA EnrollUCB (DROP = _Type_ _FREQ_);
	MERGE Enroll06 Enroll07 Enroll08 Enroll09 Enroll10 Enroll11 Enroll12 Enroll13 Enroll14 Enroll15;
	By District Year;

However, when I try to merge all of my Enroll datasets, I receive the following error: 

396        PROC Sort EnrollUCB;

22: LINE and COLUMN cannot be determined.
 NOTE 242-205: NOSPOOL is on. Rerunning with OPTION SPOOL might allow recovery of the LINE and COLUMN where the error has occurred.
 ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;, ASCII, BUFFNO, DANISH, DATA, DATECOPY, DETAILS, DIAG, DUPOUT, 
               EBCDIC, EQUALS, FINNISH, FORCE, IN, ISA, L, LEAVE, LIST, MESSAGE, MSG, NATIONAL, NODUP, NODUPKEY, NODUPKEYS, 
               NODUPLICATE, NODUPLICATES, NODUPREC, NODUPRECS, NODUPS, NOEQUALS, NORWEGIAN, NOTHREADS, NOUNIKEY, NOUNIKEYS, 
               NOUNIQUEKEY, NOUNIQUEKEYS, NOUNIQUEREC, NOUNIQUERECS, NOUNIREC, NOUNIRECS, OSA, OUT, OVERWRITE, PAGESIZE, PRESORTED, 
               PSIZE, REVERSE, SIZE, SORTSEQ, SORTSIZE, SORTWKNO, SWEDISH, T, TAGSORT, TECH, TECHNIQUE, TESTHSI, THREADS, UNIOUT, 
               UNIQUEOUT, WKNO, WORKNO.  
 202: LINE and COLUMN cannot be determined.
 NOTE: NOSPOOL is on. Rerunning with OPTION SPOOL might allow recovery of the LINE and COLUMN where the error has occurred.
 ERROR 202-322: The option or parameter is not recognized and will be ignored.
 397        By District Year University UCD UCLA UCB UCR UCI UCSD UCSB UCSC;
 399        /*Enroll UCD*/

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
 NOTE: PROCEDURE SORT used (Total process time):
       real time           0.12 seconds
       cpu time            0.00 seconds
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
amychau
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you, Kurt! I didn't catch that mistake before. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation