Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

JRE location for downloaded SAS Studio

New Contributor

JRE location for downloaded SAS Studio

[ Edited ]

I'm having some truble running SAS Stuio on Windos 7. I downloaded a version of SAS thruough my school, and when I try to open SAS Studio it wants me to select a JRE location. I'm really not sure what to do!

Super User

Re: SAS Studio

It's probably in \Program Files\Java\version#\jre, or in the bin below that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Trusted Advisor

SAS provides its own Private Java Runtime, which normally is under C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRunTime\9.4\jre\bin.

But, it might be that the SAS Studio you downloaded has some modifications and requirements than what SAS provides. I would contact the person who published the software you installed, and ask for support.

New Contributor

I have a brand new windows 10 64 bit installation and I have just downloaded my SAS products.. 9.4.   I also get the prompt when trying to launch Studio 3.6 "Select JRE location".   However, when I browse to C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRunTime\9.4\jre\bin and click "Ok" it just takes me back to the original "Select JRE Location" window like it doesn't like it.   Any ideas?

Learner

use C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRunTime\9.4\jre

dont choose the bin - worked for me 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation