BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fpb1
Obsidian | Level 7
I am teaching remotely on short notice, and using SAS Studio for the first time. I have dozens of sample files and sample programs I would like to be able to share with my students - is there a way to do this? (Downloading them all, then emailing them all, then having them upload them all is something I would rather avoid).
7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

@fpb1 wrote:
I am teaching remotely on short notice, and using SAS Studio for the first time. I have dozens of sample files and sample programs I would like to be able to share with my students - is there a way to do this? (Downloading them all, then emailing them all, then having them upload them all is something I would rather avoid).

This should be possible if you are all using the same server. Talk to your SAS admin person about set up.

If you are using the SAS On Demand for Academics then l doubt it could be done in SAS. Look for shared "cloud" file storage system. see @jenburry's response.

fpb1
Obsidian | Level 7

If you are using the SAS On Demand for Academics then l doubt it could be done in SAS. Look for shared "cloud" file storage system.

Yes, I am using SAS On Demand for Academics. Is there another way to use SAS Studio? And do you mean look on this forum, or somewhere else?

jenburry
SAS Employee

Hi @fpb1 

If you create a course in SAS OnDemand for Academics and have them enroll in it you can share the files with them!  Here are some links with more information about how you can do this:

http://support.sas.com/software/products/ondemand-academics/#s1=2 

http://support.sas.com/ondemand/coursedata.html

https://support.sas.com/ondemand/studentcommunication.html 

I hope this helps!

fpb1
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks - this should do the trick. I am having trouble figuring out what my course path is. All libname attempts so far have failed - I didn't see it in the instructions, beyond it involving my_shared_file_links in the path.

fpb1
Obsidian | Level 7

OK, I figured it out. It is:

libname test  "/home/u581xxxxx/my_shared_file_links/u581xxxxx/data";

which seems quite long, but so be it.

Reeza
Super User

Definitely use the approach indicated by @jenburry but I've gotten into the habit of having most of my macros and data for common tasks on GitHub which is then accessible anywhere via the URL so it doesn't matter much what system I run or where. This probably requires re-working your programs though and if it's short notice may not be a priority.

fpb1
Obsidian | Level 7
Unfortunately, I have never gotten the hang of Github and in the second week of the semester there is no time to try again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation