BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yclb
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to access some files on my physical home folder, in Unix, from SAS Studio

the file is under /home/myuser/test.txt

I am using proc import / data step for the import, and I am having the insufficient authorization error.

I assume this is to do with the fact, that the code is running under sassrv, and that sassrv (via sasusers group) should have access to that file ?

what if I have files , that I don't want to share with other users, and only the owner will be able to read them in Unix and be able to import them in SAS Studio , would this file be either in /home/ or other folder with restricted permissions ?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@yclb,

and that sassrv (via sasusers group) should have access to that file ?

Yes

what if I have files , that I don't want to share with other users, and only the owner will be able to read them in Unix

This is not possible by using a shared user. You need to stop using SAS Token Authentication and switch to Host-based authentication. In this case, you will be able to store and access files from your home directory.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@yclb,

and that sassrv (via sasusers group) should have access to that file ?

Yes

what if I have files , that I don't want to share with other users, and only the owner will be able to read them in Unix

This is not possible by using a shared user. You need to stop using SAS Token Authentication and switch to Host-based authentication. In this case, you will be able to store and access files from your home directory.

yclb
Calcite | Level 5
thanks for the reply,
do you know, off the top of your head, if switching to host based authentication, will be fine with other interfaces specially Visual Analytics ?
alexal
SAS Employee

@yclb,

I do not see any problems with host-based authentication and VA. Just make sure your users can start the workspace server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation