BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
apoo12345
Calcite | Level 5
Need to move the binary file output for scoring from HPForest from one location to another. I am able to move codes using the statement but the binary file is somehow getting corrupted.
4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You haven't really given any information in this post.  At a guess I would say that if your transfering a binary file you would likely need to use (s)FTP, and set the option to binary.  However as I have no information its hard to say.  Corruption could mean any number of things, moving OS's for instance, bit version of the system, even the app used to open it.

apoo12345
Calcite | Level 5
Apologies for that. I am writing a binary file using proc hpforest to generate the model scoring code and then using SAS 9.4, i have to move it to a different path. I was trying to move it using file and infile statement but it is corrupting the binary file as I am not able to use the file for scoring using proc hp4score. Let me know incase you will need any further information.
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Ah, then you need to put recfm=n on the infile, etc:

data _null_;  
  infile "..." recfm=n;
  file "..." recfm=n;
  input; 
  put _infile_;
run;

Although, you could just copy the file using OS commands if you have X command enabled.  

apoo12345
Calcite | Level 5
The x command is not enabled. I tried the recfm=n option, it says the _infile_ input/put statement is inconsistent with binary mode I/O. The execution of the data step is being terminated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation