Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

ERROR: The following columns were not found in the contributing tables: APPLICANT, CO.

Contributor

ERROR: The following columns were not found in the contributing tables: APPLICANT, CO.

can anyone  help to look at below log, i do not know where is the problem.

PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE GC.GermanCredit_Guanantor
AS
SELECT GermanCredit.Guarantor,GermanCredit.CO-APPLICANT
,(CASE
WHEN ( Guarantor =1 or CO-APPLICANT = 1) THEN 1
ELSE 0
END) AS Guarantor
FROM GC.GermanCredit;
QUIT;

64 FROM GC.GermanCredit;
ERROR: Column CO could not be found in the table/view identified with the correlation name GERMANCREDIT.

屏幕快照 2016-11-27 上午7.57.34.png
Super User

Re: ERROR: The following columns were not found in the contributing tables: APPLICANT, CO.

GermanCredit.CO-APPLICANT -> this is not a valid variable name. It's either an underscore or possibly GermanCredit.'CO-APPLICANT'n

Run a proc contents on the dataset and see what the variable name is. 

Contributor

Re: ERROR: The following columns were not found in the contributing tables: APPLICANT, CO.

but in the data, it does show as CO-APPLICANT, see attached screen shot. 

屏幕快照 2016-11-27 上午8.11.31.png
Super User

Then it's the second option I indicated with quotes. 

You need to reference it as a name literal. 

See details here

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrcon/69852/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p18cdcs4v5wd2dn1q0x2...

Contributor

i tried it, but it does not show what i want, it still shows as tow columns, not merge to be one column.

what i want it either column shows '1', then it shows results as '1, else'0', but as you can see it does not even merge to be one column. 

屏幕快照 2016-11-27 上午8.18.04.png
Super User

Your CASE statement is incorrect, you can't have two variables with the same name in a data step. 

I'm surprised the log doesn't have any errors. 

Post your corrected code and log please. 

To correct your CASE add the alias for each variable and give it a new, unique name. 

Contributor

i change the name to be APPLICANT, and tried to run the log again, but still it shows error. 

屏幕快照 2016-11-27 上午8.33.01.png
Super User

What error? I don't see any error in your code or log. 

Contributor

i got your point, i shall change it to be AS NewGuarantor, otherwise it is the same as the data variable, it works now, appreciate  your help!!

PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE GC.GermanCredittApp
AS
SELECT GermanCreditt.Guarantor, GermanCreditt.APPLICANT
,(CASE
WHEN (Guarantor = 1 or APPLICANT = 1) THEN 1
ELSE 0
END) AS NewGuarantor
FROM GC.GermanCreditt;
QUIT;

Contributor

i got your point, i shall change it to be AS NewGuarantor, otherwise it is the same as the data variable, it works now, appreciate  your help!!

PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE GC.GermanCredittApp
AS
SELECT GermanCreditt.Guarantor, GermanCreditt.APPLICANT
,(CASE
WHEN (Guarantor = 1 or APPLICANT = 1) THEN 1
ELSE 0
END) AS NewGuarantor
FROM GC.GermanCreditt;
QUIT;

屏幕快照 2016-11-27 上午8.47.10.png屏幕快照 2016-11-27 上午8.47.19.png
Ask a Question