BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Adel103
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone, I'm new to SAS. I'm using SAS Studio in my MacBook NOT window, I need help in how I can copy the path for a file to write it infile SAS statement?

I keep getting this error (ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /opt/sasinside/SASConfig/Lev1/SASApp/)

I went to the file location, clicked on the Get Info, copy the path (where), the file name & extension, paste it after the infile SAS statement between two comma ('') but it keep giving me the same error everytime.

I would appreciate if someone can help me with this error.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

See the recommendations on the bottom right corner of you question. Or search on here. 

This is asked every day 🙃

Adel103
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much for your feedback, I went through them but non of them gave the solution for this issue in case of MacBook.

I would appreciate if you know how to solve it in MacBook

Reeza
Super User

The solution is not OS dependent.

1. Set up shared drive called myfolders - see installation instructions

2. reference file as indicated - '/folders/myfolders/myfile.txt' 

The path is case sensitive since the VM is a unix machine.

Files do need to be in the shared drive. 

If that doesnt work, post pics showing your shared folder, the VM set up for shared folder and the folders in SAS under the Folder/Files/Server Pane.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation