BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sastuck
Pyrite | Level 9

Good afternoon,

My typical response to this error message is to copy my libname statement and paste it throughout my code, but this feels like a silly solution. Is there a better way to run just one section of my code and not come up with the libname error but also not copy and paste it prior to every procedure?

Thanks!

sastuck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Can you post your log from the libname statement. 

Did you set up the libname in the autoexec to exist all the time, or run a libname statement once? If its the latter, you do need to run it each session. 

If you set it up via the GUI there's a checkbox to have it persist across sessions.

Or add the libname statement to your autoexec. In SAS UE this is easy, its a click on the three lines at the top right, edit autoexec and post your libname statement in there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Can you post your log from the libname statement. 

Did you set up the libname in the autoexec to exist all the time, or run a libname statement once? If its the latter, you do need to run it each session. 

If you set it up via the GUI there's a checkbox to have it persist across sessions.

Or add the libname statement to your autoexec. In SAS UE this is easy, its a click on the three lines at the top right, edit autoexec and post your libname statement in there.

sastuck
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Reeza! Turns out I simply wasn't running the libname statement before I started coding each session. Thanks for the heads up

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation