03-16-2016 06:04 PM
I was running my program in SAS Studio 3.5 ( SAS 9.4) and the error occurred.
My Work Area has triple size of table used in the program.
03-16-2016 06:09 PM
So what does your program do?
You probably need to expand the disk for your saswork. If you just have triple the size of this particular data set, chances are that you in a near future will need to work on a bigger data set.
03-16-2016 06:59 PM
My select return 20Gb and my Work Area has 15Gb.
I use SAS Studio installed on a server in my company.
Can I allocate space in other Linux directories ?
Wich are best pratices to config my Work resources ?
03-16-2016 11:17 PM
Usually WORK disk space is shared between users. Allocating space per user is an inefficient approach. You should talk to your SAS server administrator to find out what options you have for getting more space.
03-17-2016 04:06 AM
Triple is not enough. When doing a PROC SORT, you need
- the space where the file is stored
- the space for the SORT utility file, which is at least the size of the original dataset, more if compress=yes was used)
- the space for the resulting file
Although the utility file and the old file will be deleted when the step has finished, at peak you need triple + reserve, or you will fail.
PROC SQL will also at times create huge utility files that can easily crack the limit of your WORK.
- increase your WORK
- use a second file system for utility files (UTILLOC in your SAS config controls this)
- help yourself with some tricks like the TAGSORT option for PROC SORT