BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BenoîtOry
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried many time to properly delete GIT repository references following this process (Deleting a Repository ).

I've an error like this one : "ERROR: An error occurred while trying to delete \\server_name\user_workspaces\user_name\folder_name".

I've tried all different types (soft, mixed, hard), I've also tested x commands with a SAS program : x "rmdir /s /q &dir";

The local repository ended up being able to be deleted after many attempts with rmdir and/or using Explorer section by clicking on "Delete".

We are testing that with 3.81 SAS Studio version.

Is there any patch for that ? Or any specific configuration to be taken into account on SAS server side ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. Any additional advice is welcome!

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The most likely cause would be having a file in the repository still being open in another process. Examples are -  you have a program in the repository open in another SAS Studio window, or you are running one the programs in another SAS session. The approach you are using with RMDIR should work OK, but remember there is also a hidden .git file in a repository that needs to be deleted.

I suggest you raise a track with SAS Tech Support regarding the SAS Studio Git delete function failing.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation