BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alan_Ciao
Calcite | Level 5
Hello, 
I am using SAS Studio via my WRDS account, but because it is not through VirtualBox but directly through my browser, I don't know how to create the shared file and save my datasets in a permanent place. The dataset is really big and it always takes a long time to run the code and because I cannot create my library to store it, I have to repeat to create them every time.

I have tried solutions like https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Practice-datasets/m-p/148714#M412, but it is for SAS UE. and with UE, I cannot access to my WRDS account anymore, because once I run these codes:

%let wrds=wrds-cloud.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;
options comamid=TCP remote=WRDS;
signon username=_prompt_;

there are errors:

73 %let wrds=wrds-cloud.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;
75 options comamid=TCP remote=WRDS;
76 signon username=_prompt_;
ERROR: The SAS/CONNECT product with which the global statement 'signon' is associated is either not licensed for your system or the
product license has expired. Please contact your SAS installation representative.
ERROR: The SAS/CONNECT product with which the global statement 'signon' is associated is not found in your sas registry. Please
contact your SAS installation representative.
76 signon username=_prompt_;
______
ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

Can anyone give me some hints, please? Thank you for your kind help.

Alan
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: You would not be able to use SAS/Connect with the SAS University Edition. So you must be using SAS Studio with WRDS in a different way.

You might want to read the WRDS FAQ page : http://www.whartonwrds.com/wrds-advantages/faqs/ and contact their Help Desk. If they were the ones that wrote the signon script and provided the signon instructions, it might be better for you to work with them. Their email is listed as:
wrds-support@wharton.upenn.edu

cynthia
Alan_Ciao
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your reply. I have contacted the Help Desk and once I get the solution I will post it here.

Cheers.

Alan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation