BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jlajla
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm using SAS Studio & I've plotted a mean response profile for two groups. How do I change the appearance of one line so that the groups can be differentiated in black & white? For instance, how do I make one line dashed, etc.?

Thank you!

ODS graphics on;
Proc Glimmix data=new;
class visit group;
model fact = visit group visit*group;
lsmeans visit*group / plots=(meanplot( join sliceby=trt));
Label fact= 'Mean Score';
Label visit='Follow-Up Visit';
title 'Mean Score at Each Visit';
run;
ODS graphics off; quit;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Your best option might be to just change your ODS style in SAS Studio to use the "journal" style instead of the default (which is probably "HTMLBlue").

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Your best option might be to just change your ODS style in SAS Studio to use the "journal" style instead of the default (which is probably "HTMLBlue").

jlajla
Obsidian | Level 7

Perfect, thank you!

Do you know if there is another option using coding? I'm still new at SAS so trying to learn...

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

More than likely, this was your best option. Glimmix (and other stat procs like it) are using GTL templates to define their graphics. It is possible for users to edit these templates to make customizations. However, judging by the Glimmix request, there was probably a grouping variable involved that causing the graph renderer to cycle through the style attributes. For the HTMLBlue style, the line patterns are set to be solid for the first twelve group values, which is why you just saw solid lines. Most other styles (Listing, Statistical, etc.) would change both color and line pattern for each group value. I pointed you to Journal because it is optimized for  grayscale output. If you need pure black and white output, you should also give Journal2 a try.

Thanks!

Dan

jlajla
Obsidian | Level 7
great, thank you for the detailed answer!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation