Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

Cannot run ANY program in new version of SAS University Edition.

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cannot run ANY program in new version of SAS University Edition.

I did heed the warning about license expiration for SAS University Edition. I downloaded and installed the latest version: unvbasicvapp__9411010__ova__en__sp0__1.ova

Now, NONE of my programs work. They do not even start! Every program, which worked yesterday in the old version gets the notes:

"NOTE: The quoted string currently being processed has become more than 262 bytes long.  You might have unbalanced quotation marks." (after line 4 of the SAS Studio initialization. I.e. BEFORE IT GETS TO MY CODE) and

multiple instances of the following: NOTE 49-169: The meaning of an identifier after a quoted string might change in a future SAS release.  Inserting white space between a quoted string and the succeeding identifier is recommended.

I have made no changes other than installing the new version of SAS UNiversity Edition.

I am dead in the water. What do I do to get restarted????

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sunday
New Contributor

Re: Cannot run ANY program in new version of SAS University Edition.

Thanks. I was working on an included source code file. I put an asterisk before the %include statement but the include happened anyway.
My [stupid] error. Sorry to have bothered anyone.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Esteemed Advisor

You have unbalanced quotes somewhere. Unless it's a very serious bug in UE (which I don't assume, as it would pop up at the first test at SAS Institute), you have it in your code.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Grand Advisor

If you believe it's not your code, please post the log from running a very basic proc means or proc freq. 

proc means data=sashelp.class;
run;

proc freq data=sashelp.cars;
table make;
run;
Solution
Sunday
New Contributor

Thanks. I was working on an included source code file. I put an asterisk before the %include statement but the include happened anyway.
My [stupid] error. Sorry to have bothered anyone.
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation