Write and run SAS programs in your web browser

An unexpected error occurred. If this problem persists try clearing your browser cookies

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

An unexpected error occurred. If this problem persists try clearing your browser cookies

I downloaded the SAS university edition last Friday. Then I tried to install it in my laptop but failed... I always got the following message when I tried to open the SAS studio. "出现意外错误。若该问题继续存在,请尝试清除您的浏览器 Cookie". If I translate the message to English, that should be "An unexpected error occurred. If this problem persists try clearing your browser cookies". 

I cleared the browser cookies in my laptop, but it's not working.

My laptop version is: MacBook Pro, OS version: 10.11.6. 

Oracle VM VirtualBox Version 5.1.24.

I also tried another VM software, like VMware Fusion 8.0.0.  but got the same error...

I have reinstalled the SAS university edition by "unvbasicvapp__9411010__ova__en__sp0__1.ova" several times with changing the number of processor and memory size.  but it's still not working. 

Could you please help me?? Thanks a lot.

Alex

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-25-2017 10:32 PM
SAS Employee

Re: An unexpected error occurred. If this problem persists try clearing your browser cookies

Hi Alex!

The error you are receiving is one that users get sometimes when they have a network security interferance.  SAS University Edition is hosted entirely off the local computer, but sometimes we see a network's security interfere with the loopback connection.

Please try disabling your network adapter to see if that allows the connection to go through.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎07-25-2017 10:32 PM
SAS Employee

Re: An unexpected error occurred. If this problem persists try clearing your browser cookies

Hi Alex!

The error you are receiving is one that users get sometimes when they have a network security interferance.  SAS University Edition is hosted entirely off the local computer, but sometimes we see a network's security interfere with the loopback connection.

Please try disabling your network adapter to see if that allows the connection to go through.

I hope this helps!

New Contributor

Hi jenburry,

It works!!!! Thank you so much.
New Contributor

How did you disable teh network adapter? 

New Contributor

Unplug the physical network cable directly or disable the wireless feature in the laptop.
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation