BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

I created 5 parameters in sas stored process,newdatasetname,groupno,groupsub,groupstatus,datasetlist,i am creating every time with newdata set and inserting with multiple values in(groupno,groupsub,groupstatus).

example:newdataset name:group

groupno groupsub groupstatus
100 123 yes
200 456 no
300 789 yes

my problem is when i creating with newdataset,new dataset name(group) must be adding to other parameter name datasetlist,i need to popup all these newdatasets list in this box.i need to updated values dynamically.

Is it possible in sas stored process,please help me in this issue,please suggest any other solutions.

thank you
arunpadman
301-326-7115
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
At this time (SAS 9.1.3), dynamic or cascading parameter values are not possible using the "standard" client applications, such as Enterprise Guide, or the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office.

Dynamic parameters would be stored process parameters whose value changes when the underlying data changes (for example -- you build a stored process and are doing business in Spain, France and Germany -- so you make a parameter for COUNTRY and only those 3 countries show up in the parameter value constraint/selection list. When you start doing business in Belgium -- then Belgium automatically shows up as a parameter selection choice for the COUNTRY parameter.) Cascading parameters are the kind of parameter where you pick a country from a list and the next parameter choice for city will only show you the cities in the country that you picked.

If you need or want that kind of functionality, right now, then you are going to have to go down the path of writing your own front end application -- either with PHP or JavaScript or ActiveX or C++ or JSP or ...

Consult with Tech Support or refer to the Integration Technologies and Stored Process Web Application documentation for examples of custom applications that use SAS Stored Processes.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation