Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

tagsets.tableeditor output loads slowly in IE

PROC Star

tagsets.tableeditor output loads slowly in IE

Hi All,

I've got a stored process that generates an html table via tagsets.tableeditor.  The table has about 1,000 rows, and it is filterable, sortable, etc. The stored process executes quickly enough.  But when I run it via Internet Explorer 11, it takes about 15 seconds to load (interpret?) the html.  If I run it in chrome, it loads in less than 1 second.

If I turn off options for  frozen headers and autofilter, it loads much more quickly in IE, but then I've lost that functionality.

Is it just a problem that IE 11 is really slow at interpretting some of the scripting generated by the tagset?  Or could there be some security settings in my (corporate-managed) version of IE that are slowing this down dramatically?

I found this paper which mentions that frozen_rowheaders dramatically slows things down when tables have >700 records.  http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/146-2012.pdf .  So assuming it's related.

Sample code is below.  I'm running SAS 9.3 on linux with most recent version of the tagset (V3.14  3/2/2015).  If anyone else would care to test it, I'd be thrilled.

data have;
  array x{10};

do id=1 to 1000;
    do i=1 to dim(x);
      x{i}=ranuni(0);
    end;
    output;
  end;
  drop i;
run;

ods tagsets.tableeditor 
    style=journal