BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mrom34
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am working on a simple web application for my customers to let them run some stored processes. The layout is very simple, I have a left DIV which is a menu to select the stored process and a right DIV to display the form and the output of the stored process.

I am able to create some custom input forms in HTML and use ajax and serialize() to read the data and generate the output in the corresponding DIV. it works great but I need to develop the HTML code for the form.

Now I am trying to do something similar but instead of developing HTML code for the input, I want to use the prompt features from EG. I added the prompt and I am able to run the stored process when I enter the URL in IE:

http://myserver.com:8080/SASStoredProcess/do?_action=form,properties,execute,nobanner,newwindow&_pro...

However, when I try to use my web page (with the menu in left DIV and output/input in right DIV), I get an error in IE. What is driving me crazy is that it is working fine in firefox or chrome ( I have to use IE for this project).

<script>

$(document).ready(function() {

$("#container").load("http://myserver:8080/SASStoredProcess/do?_action=form,properties,execute,nobanner,newwindow&_program...");

});  

</script>

<body>

<div id="menu" >

<b >item1</b><br>

</div>

<div id="container" style="margin-left: 230px; width: 100%; height:100%; ">

</div>

</body>

</html>

The page load without any issusde and I see the prompt created in EG. But when I click on RUN,  I get the following error :

Line: 526546630

Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

2 REPLIES 2
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

My guess is that jQuery, or whatever package you're using, contains some code that's not supported by your version of Internet Explorer.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Boni254
Calcite | Level 5

Does anyone have a working script for executing a SAS Stored Process using jquery and displaying the results in a DIV.

I have a working example but the output is currently displayed in a new window.

I'm a beginner in using jquery so any help will be appreciated.

I came across the below solution but it did not work for me. Not sure if I missed to include something else ...

<script>

$(document).ready(function() {

$("#container").load("http://myserver:8080/SASStoredProcess/do?_action=form,properties,execute,nobanner,newwindow&_program...");

}); 

</script>

<div id="container" style="margin-left: 230px; width: 100%; height:100%; ">

Thanks,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation