Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

set explicit pdf papersize in web stored process

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

set explicit pdf papersize in web stored process

hi,

i have a stored process that i call from the web.

the stored process is created in EG and also deployed from EG.

the stored process generates a fancy pdf document with ods layout stuff applied.

when i call the stored process from a browser with US locale, the papersize is set to letter (see my previous question at https://communities.sas.com/message/180880#180880) causing the content to run off the pdf page.

i need to force papersize A4.

the obvious solution would be to set options papersize=a4 in my EG project, but i already did this and it doesn't work.

i think this is because when the stored process is deployed from EG, %stpbegin is inserted before all my code causing the ods pdf stream to already be opened with the letter papersize before my options papersize=a4 has the chance of altering it.

i can get it to work by manually editing the stored process source code and inserting the options papersize=a4 statement before the %stpbegin macro but i am not allowed to do that in our environment.

is there another way to dictate the papersize option in this scenario?

i would rather not deploy the stored process without the %stpbegin macro and code my own ods pdf statements.

thanks,

Bart

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-16-2013 01:48 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: set explicit pdf papersize in web stored process

_PRINTOPTIONS worked.

after some error checking, %stpbegin submits:

%if (%qcmpres(&_STPERROR) eq 0) %then %do;

options &_PRINTOPTIONS;

%end;

i added a hidden parameter to the Stored Process with name "_printoptions" and default value "papapersize=a4" and now the pdf comes out in A4 regardless of browser locale.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

What options are you passing to the %stpbegin macro? If I read the macro correctly it looks like you can send print options via the parameter _PRINTOPTIONS and it looks like PAPERSIZE should be accepted though I can't tell immediately what the syntax would be.

Solution
‎09-16-2013 01:48 PM
Regular Contributor

_PRINTOPTIONS worked.

after some error checking, %stpbegin submits:

%if (%qcmpres(&_STPERROR) eq 0) %then %do;

options &_PRINTOPTIONS;

%end;

i added a hidden parameter to the Stored Process with name "_printoptions" and default value "papapersize=a4" and now the pdf comes out in A4 regardless of browser locale.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation