BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
please help.

After installing SAS 9.1.3 (sp4) on Window xp with Tomcat 4.1. I clicked storedprocess web application links and was able to see the results of all stored processes included with the installation. But clicking the links after searching the stored processes from the portal web application (login as sasdemo or sasadm or saswbadm) did not show any results in the portal pages (they were all blanks with portal page headers).

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I have seen similar problems when the SAS Services application is not started. The services application needs to be started before you start the Java application server (Tomcat, in your case).

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Vince,

Thank you very much for the help.

I started SAS Services before Tomcat Server, both using
the scripts provided from the links configuration wizard produced. Upon starting, there were two window consoles opened up for each. The SAS service console showed some repository information and RMI port (5099) etc., and the container service console seemed repeating the same information as the SAS service console had first and then started the java application server. The java application server console also displayed some warnings saying duplication of class path in the manifest file.

I did not have OLAP sever, nor webDAV server. Are they required?

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Richard
Victor
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I had the same problem on Windows. The responsable is the default directory of TOMCAT's installation (C:\Program files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1). It must contains no spaces in the name the directory. It must be C:\TOMCAT or C:\TOMCAT_4_1 for Web Infrastructure Kit

I re installed Tomcat and Configured SAS again and it works now.

Regards,
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, Victor,

Thank you very much for the infor. I will try the samething and let you know the results.

Best Regards,

Richard D
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, Victor/Vince,

I re-installed the Tomcat into a dir with no space in the name. It worked!

Considering that Windows allow use of space in directory names, I believe that the portal should take care of this space issue automatically by replacing sp with '_' (or %20) or simply compress the spaces when forming urls/links, like microsoft IIS does.

Thank you very much for your great help!

Best Regards,

Richard D
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Here is a link to a SAS Note that states you cannot use spaces in the install directory for Tomcat:

http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/011/011072.html

This restriction is due to a Java problem, not a SAS problem per se. I believe that we encountered problems in JDK 1.4, and the only workaround was to install Tomcat in a directory with no spaces in the name. I do not know whether or not this problem is resolved in a later version of the JDK.

Vince
SAS R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation