BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I need totals should be printed first line for each account. Then detail lines for that account. like this for every acoount.

Ex. of output:

Assigned Liquidated Difference
$26000 1000 25000

Pos# Title Name Account
120 Faculty XXXX 26
XXXX 26
xxxx 26
total: 3

My code is :

data _null_;

length AcctSum $30;
blank = " ";
set adjunct end=no_more_data;

*file print ods=(variable=(SumAmt Sumlqu SumAdjust ));
file print ods=(variables=(Pos# title Name account));
by department;
put _ODS_;
if first.department then do;
Asum=SumAmt;
lqusum=Sumlqu;
Adjustsum=sumAmt - sumlqu;
Amtsum='Assigned: ' || put(Asum,10.0);
Lsum='Liquidated: ' ||put(lqusum,10.0);
AdSum='Difference: ' ||put(Adjustsum,10.0);
put @1 AmtSum @2 Lsum @3 AdSum;

end;
My output that I am getting Now:

Pos # Title Name Account
120 Faculty XXX 26
Assigned : 26000 Liquidated: 1000 Difference: 25000
120 Faculty XXX 26
121 Staff YYY 27
Assigned: 1000 Liquidated : 200 Difference:800
121 Staff YXY 27

Give me any suggestions

thank you
Raji
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You seem to have a timing issue. When you have FILE PRINT ODS -- that statement acts as a pointer to the file you're creating. Then, PUT _ODS_ or any PUT statements are executed in the order in which they're encountered. So, in your case, the
[pre]
by department;
put _ODS_;
[/pre]
is writing out the observation/row info BEFORE the FIRST.DEPARTMENT info (which is further down in the program). So you could try moving the put _ODS_ underneath the END statement for FIRST.DEPARTMENT.

Remember that you are writing ONE table with a fixed number of columns on EVERY row. This means that your VARIABLES= sub-options has to refer to the variables that you want to see in the table. So, if you have 3 variables listed in the sub-option, then PUT @1 writes to the first column, PUT @2 writes to the second column, etc. Also, you must respect the types of the variables with any other PUT statements (such as those you use to write information BEFORE and/or AFTER each department) -- For example, if you had this:
[pre]
variables=(charvar numvar1 numvar2)
[/pre]
in your sub-option (1 character variable, followed by 2 numeric variables), then you could only write numeric variables to column 2 or column 3.

If you need more help with how DATA step and ODS work, you might consider contacting Tech Support.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

It worked.
Thank you very much

Raji

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation