BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
K_Man
Calcite | Level 5
We have 2 folders, 'PROD' for production/tested stored processes and 'DEV' for processes under development or being tested.
Would using BI Manager be the best way to move the stored process and related sas code from DEV to PROD?
So the process would be to 'export' the stored process from DEV and then 'import' it into PROD?
4 REPLIES 4
Diane_SAS
SAS Employee
BI Manager would be the best way to "promote" the stored process from the DEV folder to the PROD folder, particularly if you want to create a copy of the source code to use with the PROD version.

The process would be to export the stored process that is in the DEV folder, then import the stored process into the PROD folder. The wizard will guide you in specifying the path for the source code, if you want to save it to another location.
K_Man
Calcite | Level 5
Diane,
I have tried using this approach in the Management console using BI Manager and the exporting works but I have a problem with the import.

When I try to perform the import to another folder using the login 'sassrv'I get an error with the message:
"The user does not have permission to perform this action."
However, when I log into Management Console with my personal userid, I can accomplish the import successfully.
But when looking at the imported sas code in the new folder on the UNIX server, the owner appears as me.
I was under the impression that the owner of stored processes was 'sassrv'.
Is this a UNIX permissions issue?
Will having the owner as my userid cause problems when trying to run the stored process or not cause problems if groups and permissions are set correctly?
thanks
Diane_SAS
SAS Employee
Ken, you should not run SASMC/BI Manager as "sassrv". This id is only used to spawn stored process server sessions, and does not have WriteMetadata access to the metadata server. You should use your own ID (or another non-sas administration account) that has authorizations to create new stored processes.

The owner flag designates who created the object-- in this case, you, since you imported the stored process under your identity. "sassrv" should never be the owner of the object, but it can execute it on your behalf.

Hope this makes sense.
K_Man
Calcite | Level 5
Diane, Thanks for the explanation!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation