Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

change default ods style for stored processes called through stored process web application

Regular Contributor

change default ods style for stored processes called through stored process web application

hi,

is it possible to set a default ods style for all stored processes that i execute through the SAS Stored Process Web Application?

currently, if I don't specify one I get the gray default style and have to specify a hidden prompt for _odsstyle on every stored process to change it.

thanks Bart

Regular Contributor

Re: change default ods style for stored processes called through stored process web application

bump

Frequent Contributor

Re: change default ods style for stored processes called through stored process web application

You could use the request init facility that runs the code in the specified file before every stored process and just add something like this to the program:

%global _odsStyle;

%let _odsStyle = %sysfunc(&_odsStyle,sasweb);

which will leave any provided value alone, but if none is provided it will set it to (in this case) sasweb. Just change sasweb to whatever your desired style is.

Regular Contributor

i was hoping there would be a general option, looks like there is not.

your work-around may be the best option, thanks Don.

Regular Contributor

btw your code is syntactically incorrect:

15         %global _odsstyle;

16         %let _odsStyle = %sysfunc(&_odsStyle,sasweb);

ERROR: Function name missing in %SYSFUNC or %QSYSFUNC macro function reference.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry, left out the coalescec function (which returns the first non-blank/non-missing argument):

%global _odsStyle;

%let _odsStyle = %sysfunc(coalescec(&_odsStyle,sasweb));

SAS Employee

Information on the request init/term program:

Usage Note 39250: SAS® 9.2 Stored Process Server enhancements: Request Init and Term programs, Session Init and Term programs

http://support.sas.com/kb/39/250.html

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation