BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

hi,

is it possible to set a default ods style for all stored processes that i execute through the SAS Stored Process Web Application?

currently, if I don't specify one I get the gray default style and have to specify a hidden prompt for _odsstyle on every stored process to change it.

thanks Bart

6 REPLIES 6
DonH
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You could use the request init facility that runs the code in the specified file before every stored process and just add something like this to the program:

%global _odsStyle;

%let _odsStyle = %sysfunc(&_odsStyle,sasweb);

which will leave any provided value alone, but if none is provided it will set it to (in this case) sasweb. Just change sasweb to whatever your desired style is.

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

i was hoping there would be a general option, looks like there is not.

your work-around may be the best option, thanks Don.

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

btw your code is syntactically incorrect:

15         %global _odsstyle;

16         %let _odsStyle = %sysfunc(&_odsStyle,sasweb);

ERROR: Function name missing in %SYSFUNC or %QSYSFUNC macro function reference.

DonH
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sorry, left out the coalescec function (which returns the first non-blank/non-missing argument):

%global _odsStyle;

%let _odsStyle = %sysfunc(coalescec(&_odsStyle,sasweb));

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Information on the request init/term program:

Usage Note 39250: SAS® 9.2 Stored Process Server enhancements: Request Init and Term programs, Session Init and Term programs

http://support.sas.com/kb/39/250.html

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation